Thursday, August 2, 2007

Stuffing Hash

Stuffing Hash

Admittedly, this looks gross. But it was good. I swear. I worked late last night and when I got home around 7 p.m., I was tired and hungry and realized I was missing half the ingredients for the meal I planned to make. I didn't want to go back out to the store, and all I really wanted was some comfort food.

I had a link of Italian sweet turkey sausage defrosted, so I knew I needed to use that. I remembered seeing a recipe for Stuffing Hash in the November 2006 Bon Appetit. It was a suggestion to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. I had some instant stuffing mix in the pantry, and it almost sounded good.

I ended up cutting the butter in half and adding more liquid to make the stuffing and I used the turkey sausage in order to cut some fat and calories. It still isn't what I would call a "healthy" meal (veggies anyone?), but it hit the spot. Even despite the overcooked egg.

Occaisonally we all need some comfort after a long day.

No comments: