Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pasta with Summer Vegetables

Pasta with Summer Vegetables

Last night's meal was a lesson in taking a recipe that's calorie-packed and drastically slashing the calories. The Summer Garden Tortelloni originally needed major rehab. And once I ran it through the nutrition calculator, I found it needed even more. Originally, the recipe had cheese tortellini, which is about 300 some calories per cup. So, I cut about 100 calories by using a cheese-less pasta. It also called for 1/2 a stick of butter and I used 2 tbsp instead. You could probably cut more though. It also should have had prosciutto, which I didn't have. Adding it probably wouldn't have contributed too many points.

Overall, I liked the recipe. Definitely use fresh ingredients. Preferably the best you can find. It's a good weeknight meal and probably one I'll make again.

No comments: