Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Kashi Go Lean Crunch with Nectarines and Almonds

Kashi Go Lean Crunch with Nectarines and Almonds

Forgive me. I didn't cook anything yesterday. I subsisted off leftovers alone. Sometimes, that's necessary because of job #2. On the weekdays I work at job #2, I go from job #1 to job #2 directly without stopping to eat. Then, because I am only there for 5 hours at most, I only get a 15 minute break. Not enough time to pick up food. So, of course, I just heat up whatever leftovers I have.

The most important meal on these marathon days, though, is breakfast. If I don't get a good breakfast in first thing, I tend to raid the vending machine at work. (Not that I do it often, but my favorite are the Three Musketeer bars. Duh. Chocolate nougat goodness.) Kashi Go Lean Crunch is my current obsession. Not only can you get it in giagantore boxes at Sam's Club, but it's sweet, crunchy and fiberlicious. It's just sugary enough to make me think I'm eating unhealthy cereal, but has enough fiber to stick with me until lunch. Unlike Fruit Loops that maybe stick with me for an hour.

I top it with fruit, in this case nectarines, nuts, and skim milk. I also drink a small glass of milk — enough so that the milk on the cereal and the milk in the glass equal a full serving.

Anyhow, if you haven't tried any of the Kashi cereals, I recommend them.

No comments: