Thursday, August 30, 2007

Creamy Harvest Corn "Choup"

Creamy Harvest Corn Choup

I'm guessing that in Rachael Ray-speak "choup" stands for a soup that is kind of like a chowder. I wasn't too impressed by the Creamy Harvest Corn "Choup," though. I've tried several of her recipes and like them. But I found this to be bland. Each serving was about 9 pts. But my pot came out as having almost 2 cups a serving. And it was 9 pts. *after* I cut 9 pts.

The recipe called for 2 tbsp oil, 4 slices of bacon, and 1 cup heavy cream. I cut the oil down to 2 tsp, cut the bacon down to 2 slices and swapped the cream for half and half. I used skim milk, but I would suggest using 1% maybe. That might keep it from looking all separated like. Maybe. The one thing this recipe had going for it was the veggies. I tossed in extra red pepper and almost twice the zucchini. So I definitely upped the veggie servings.

I guess I would make this one again if I had half and half and potatoes to use up (like I did this time), but otherwise I'd probaby just skip it. Too many points and too light on flavor.

No comments: