Friday, August 3, 2007

Bow Tie Pasta with Chicken and Marinara Sauce

Bow Tie Pasta and Chicken with Marinara Sauce

I haven't been in the mood to cook lately. Last night I relied on frozen goodies and random items to pull a meal together. It wasn't anything fancy or even gourmet, but it was quick and filled my belly, which after another long day—that's all I was really looking for. It goes to show, though, that dinner doesn't have to take longer than 10 minutes to make, as long as you plan ahead by keeping things on hand.

I had some broiled chicken breast in the freezer that I thawed. I also had some leftover homemade marinara sauce that I had put in the freezer last time I made a batch (recipe at left). I put both of those over some bow tie pasta I found in the pantry and sauteed some zucchini in olive oil for a simple side.

Chinese takeout is on the bill for tomorrow night's dinner, and I plan to make a dish with barley and chicken thighs on Sunday. Not sure if we'll actually eat it on Sunday, but I'll need the leftovers because I'm working at both jobs three days next week. Ugh. Sometimes trying to feed myself while working 60+ hours a week is challenging.

No comments: