Thursday, August 23, 2007

Barbecued Chicken Thighs with Brown Sugar-Hickory Sauce


Last night I made barbecued chicken thighs with brown sugar-hickory sauce. I absolutely loved this sauce. I honestly ate it by the spoonful. I could probably eat this chicken every day of the week. I didn't even mind that I had to do the chicken on the grill pan. It would have been phenomenal on the grill, though.

The sides were just OK. I may make the coleslaw again, but I prefer a mayo based potato salad. Both sides are adapted from Everyday Food.

Coleslaw
1/2 cup light mayo
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
salt and pepper
1 bag of Dole classic coleslaw mix (16 ounce bag)
2 medium green onions, minced

In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo through the salt and pepper. Add cabbage mix and green onions; toss to coat.

Let stand at least 15 minutes at room temperature before serving or refridgerate up to one day.

New Potato Salad
1 1/2 pounds red skinned potatoes, sliced
Zest and juice from 2 lemons
salt and pepper
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup tarragon, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil

Place sliced potatoes in a steamer basket set over boiling water. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and steam for 10-12 minutes until tender.

Toss hot potatoes with zest and juice. Refridgerate until cool, about an hour.

Add herbs and oil to the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Refridgerate salad up to one day and bring to room temperature before serving.

No comments: