Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Races and Tabbouleh

It was a busy weekend and so far a busy week, too. Saturday, I ran the Race for the Cure — my first official 5K race. I think I kept a pace of about 11 minutes per mile, which isn't great compared to most actual runners, but is an improvement for me.

I didn't actually sign up for a timing chip and I forgot to start my watch right away, so I don't really know for sure, but that's my best guess.

Sunday, I made tabbouleh. I've been craving a grain salad for weeks now and I'm just now getting around to making it. It's actually what's for lunch today. See how pretty it is?

Grilled Chicken with Tabbouleh Salad

I grilled the chicken, basting it with a vinaigrette. It's been raining so much lately that whenever it's not raining I'm taking advantage of it and grilling as much as possible.

I stuck closely to the same Cooking Light recipe I've use for years. I quartered grape tomatoes, though, because that's what I had on hand and used red onion instead of green onion to give it a little more bite.

Definitely looking forward to lunch today!

No comments: