Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oatmeal for dinner? Yes, please.

The whole plate

Last night's dinner was completely random. But I didn't mind.

For lunch, my friend and I took our dads (who work at the same company we do) to the minor league ballpark near our office. It was a day game and somehow we ended up with free tickets. I ended up eating a Rooster's buffalo chicken wrap and splitting some fries with my dad. In other words, lunch was not the healthiest.

After work I let my friend beat me up at the gym. Not literally of course, but she's used to strength training and I'm not.. so I often make mean faces at her as I try to keep up the best I can.

By the time I actually made it home, I didn't feel like cooking and I wanted something light. So oatmeal it was.

Because I was super lazy I chose a packet of Kashi GoLean Hearty Honey & Cinnamon hot cereal. Not bad for an "Instant" oatmeal, actually! I topped it with fresh blueberries and some ground flaxseeds.

Kashi Hearty Honey & Cinnamon Hot Cereal

Next, I sliced up an apple topped it with a couple tablespoons of shart cheddar and popped it under the broiler to melt the cheese. It was melty goodness, I'm telling you.

Broiled Apple w/ Cheddar

Not shown, but I also had Ciao Bella Blood Orange Sorbet for dessert. If it wasn't so pricey I could see it becoming an obsession. DELICIOUS! If you haven't had it, I highly recommend it!

How do you balance a not so healthy lunch?

No comments: