Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives

Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives

Confession. I haven't been cooking much.

Why? Because somehow I've jacked up my back. And yes, that's a medical term.

I saw my doctor yesterday and she says it sounds like it's siatica. I thought that was something only "old" people had. Not a 28-year-old.

All I know is that it feels fine until I sit. The longer I sit -- the more it hurts and unfortunately for me, I have to sit all day long. I'm trying to rest it by lying down as much as possible. It worked this past weekend, too. Hardly any pain.

But after sitting all day yesterday I was super sore again. All I wanted to do was lie down. So, no cooking for me. In fact, I'm planning take out the next two days.

Last week, though, when I thought this back pain thing was just a little pulled muscle, I cooked a bit -- including Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives. I'm not sure I would call this something spectacular. Like, I wouldn't bust this recipe out for a dinner party or anything like that.

But, it's full of basic pantry ingredients (at least for me anyways), comes together quick, and is satisfying. In other words, perfect for a night where, say, your back hurts and you really don't want to be spending much time in the kitchen.

No comments: