Thursday, May 6, 2010

Apparently they're turkey meatballs

Turkey Meatballs

Sometimes, when a recipe makes a lot of servings or will freeze well, I'll stash the leftovers in the freezer for quick meals on nights I don't want to cook.

Last night was one of those nights. I came home tired and over-hungry, which is never a good combination.

I found these in my freezer:

Frozen

I love how I didn't put much information on the label at all. I'll be the first to admit I'm bad with organization. At least these were labeled. Occasionally, I forget to label things altogether. Then, I think I'm thawing a chicken breast when it's really a pork chop.

Even with a label, I was a bit suprised with what thawed. The appeared to be cooked, but they were really raw. Good thing I included cooking instructions on the bag, right? Ha. Too bad I didn't think to do that.

I ended up Googling a few recipes and found I could brown them for 10 minutes and then cook them in sauce for another 12 minutes or so until they were done.

I'm still not sure where these came from. I'm pretty sure they're the turkey meatball recipe from Everyday Food. It says to freeze them raw.. so it's a pretty safe bet that this is what I made.

I would like to say they taste as good as the day I made them, but because I didn't date the package and didn't blog about them, I'm not quite sure what day I made them or what they tasted like to begin with.

I liked them well enough, which is a good thing because I found another bag of them in there.

Nutritional info (assuming I have the right recipe.. for 5 meatballs per serving): 194 calories, 9 grams fat, 1 gram fiber

No comments: