Thursday, November 5, 2009

Triple-Corn Spoon Bread and Fancy Grilled Cheese

Corn Casserole

Sometimes I have brilliant ideas. When I made my grocery list for the week I saw Jiffy mix was on sale (as if it's normally expensive!) and what I grew up calling "corn casserole" came to mind. Oh, corn casserole, I love you. You are super sweet and make a great side dish next to baked ham. You make my holiday meals complete.

I wasn't planning on ham and it isn't a holiday, but I figured it would be good enough on its own with a side salad or some green beans. So, I put it on the list. If anything it's a cheap meal.

Turned out to be the best idea I had all week. Tuesday I had a sewing class and tonight I'm off to a happy hour so the leftovers have REALLY come in handy.

Last night, I was fed up of corn casserole, so I made "fancy grilled cheese," which was extra sharp cheddar, bacon and pear. DELICIOUS! It was salt, sweet, cheesy.. perfection. It's my new favorite grilled cheese.

See?

Pear and Bacon Grilled Cheese

No comments: