Thursday, November 19, 2009

Black Bean Burgers

Black Bean Burgers

I'm not a huge fan of fried foods. Most are too heavy for me. But I LOVE french fries. I quelled my french fry craving with a big batch of oven fries.

I cut up a couple of potatoes, brush them in olive oil, lay them on a single layer on parchment paper and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Stir, then bake 15-20 minutes more, checking on them every 10 minutes. They get super crispy and delicious.

With my fries I made black bean burgers. I think they could use even more chili powder, but the lime zest really made these. They were a little too moist so I added more bread crumbs to bring them together, but they came out great. Probably my favorite homemade vegetarian burger. I had mine with deli mustard and hot sauce, but the toppings suggested with the recipe would be even better.

I liked them so much I may even ditch the box of Morningstar Farms black bean burgers in the freezer. It's proof that sometimes, homemade is best.

No comments: