Monday, November 9, 2009

Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Chard

Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Chard

I finally found some butternut squash so last night's dinner - Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Chard.

This was fantastic, sweet and smoky. The chicken took longer to cook than the recipe said, but it was still fall off the bone tender.. and juicy too. The vegetables were really good, too. Especially alongside some creamy polenta. Definitely a make again.

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day otherwise. I worked out and finished my first sewing project -- the one I started in my sewing class last week. It's supposed to be a sewing kit. I guess you keep threaded needles in the felt "pages" so you have them to do quick handsewing? It's cute, but I'm bummed we didn't make the potholder we were supposed to make. I could totally use more potholders!

Sewing kit collage

Cute, huh? I messed up a little, but overall, I think I sewed it pretty well for my first project.

No comments: