Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pita Pizzas with Red Pepper and Spinach

Pita Pizza

Busy week so far. Every time my boss is out the day flies by and I never seem to get everything done in a day. But I always learn a lot because it's sometimes a sink or swim. Today I was editing down a long video clip for the web for the first time. Exciting stuff.

And now my cat Bella is monopolizing my lap.

These Pita Pizzas are a great weeknight meal after a long day at work. They're light, but pretty tasty and there's not a whole lot faster. It's also built-in portion control. What's better than that?

These have spinach and red pepper and provolone cheese. They originally called for dill Havarti, which would actually probably be better, but I wanted to use what I had in the fridge.

I don't normally like nontraditional crusts with pizza. I like regular pizza crust. Anything else just felt diety and reminded me what I was missing. But somehow, this time it worked for me. Maybe it was the unique toppings. It wasn't trying to be a pepperoni pizza. You know?

Pita Pizzas with Spinach and Roasted Red Peppers
Adapted from Everyday Food. Serves 1

1 small pita
1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup or so roasted red peppers, sliced
1/4 cup shredded provolone
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 425.

Layer the spinach, peppers and cheese salt and pepper. Bake 5-6 minutes until the pita begins to brown up and the cheese melts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pita pizza looks so good!