Friday, July 27, 2007

Salad with Seared Scallops

Salad with Seared Scallops

"Did someone make tuna today for lunch or something? I smell fish," my coworker remarked on Monday while I was pouring myself a glass of water from the pitcher in the staff kitchen. I had just returned from making lunch at home, which I do every day.

"I don't smell anything," I replied. "But I did make scallops for lunch."

She paused. "....oh," she said when she realized she wasn't smelling tuna in the kitchen, but the scallops that I had cooked for lunch.

Yes, I smelled like scallops when I got back to work. Oh well. And my apartment still kind of smelled like fish when I got home from work that night, too. But it was a simple, decadent kind of lunch that I needed on Monday. The scallops only take a few minutes on each side to cook and are good with just a little salt and pepper. I put it over a salad with plenty of veggies and dressed it with a light vinaigrette. In my opinion, it's a great way to introduce a little seafood into your diet. And, the salad was only 4 pts., and it was a decent sized one, too.

So who cares if I smell a little bit like fish afterward? I certainly didn't.

No comments: