Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Cold soup on a hot day


Soup is hard to photograph! Just thought I would say that.

Last month was pretty hot, and usually, July is even hotter. There's nothing better on a hot day than a cold meal and gazpacho is a classic cold meal. Probably the only cold soup I can stand. Most I just find weird. But not gazpacho. YUM. And it's all veggies, so a cup should be at least two servings. Plus, if you don't add a lot of olive oil to the recipe, it's extremely point friendly. In fact, this gazpacho is only 1 pt. for a generous 1.5 cup serving. I drizzle a teaspoon of oil over it before serving. It's a way to "sneak" in a serving of oil. Another good addition would be some cooked salad-sized shrimp.

I ate the soup for lunch with lean deli-sliced turkey w/ deli mustard on a toasted whole grain english muffin. Not very "gourmet," but tasty, filling, and only 5 pts.

No comments: