Thursday, June 28, 2007

On weightloss: I double-track my points/calories


Although I primarily follow the WW plan (counting points as opposed to calories), I sometimes like to know how I'm doing calorically. Am I getting enough fat, fiber, etc? All of those are things that WW's points can't tell you.

To answer those questions, I use a free nutrition analyzing Web site, Sparkpeople. Today, for example (shown above), I am over calories recommended for weight loss, but have the correct breakdown of fat, carbs and protein. Go me! Except, maybe I have too much food planned. Or need to find things with fewer calories. Either way. It's good info to have.

Sorry I don't have food pictures to share. The pork picadillo smells wonderful, tastes even better, but unfortunately looks pretty narsty.

No comments: