Thursday, March 8, 2007

Owwww.. my legs

My legs are sore from my jog on the treadmill last night. Very sore. So sore I'm thinking of taking something. I've been stalling b/c I hate medicine. I also need a decongestant to stop this post-nasal drip, too, but that always makes me loopy and disconnected feeling. But that's neither here nor there.

I am, however, proud of myself for even going to the gym. I haven't been particularly motivated lately. I walked in last night and it felt like I hadn't been there in years. Or was that just my slow pace and the huffing and puffing talking? I'm on my feet for my second job 3+ days per week, and on Saturdays I'm moving nonstop from the moment I arrive to the moment I leave, so I didn't expect to be that out of shape. Sure, I haven't exactly seen a treadmill since December, but really? I lost that much of my cardiovascular abilities? Apparently so. I'm back to square one.

Unfortunately, nothing exciting to take pictures of today. Cottage cheese is not photogenic and the oatmeal looks like, well, I'm not sure what it looks like but it doesn't exactly look scrumptious sitting in its bowl. I will, however, share my method for apple oatmeal. Maybe not as "good" as the instant Quaker oatmeal packets, but it's Core-friendly and fresh. It's not 100% core, because I hate artificial sweeteners and diet-y products in general. It's 1 pt. for the recipe if on Core. If using a small apple it would be 6 pts. on Flex. Fills me up all morning long.

Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
1 cup fat-free milk
1 Granny Smith or Yellow Delicious Apple (best for baking imho) peeled and diced
Apple Pie spice to taste
cinnamon to taste
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup old fashioned oats

I put the milk, apple, sugar and spices in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add rolled oats and cook according to package directions by bringing the burner down to medium and cooking 5 minutes. Take off heat, cover, and let sit for 3 minutes and serve.

By the end the apples are soft and cooked and yummy. If you ever try it let me know if you have any ideas to make it better.

No comments: