Friday, March 9, 2007

A glimpse of spring

Today almost feels like spring. It's sunny and actually kind of warm. It made me crave a salad. A nice big one, too. Luckily, that was in the plan for today. It was romaine lettuce, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, and alfalfa sprouts with jerk grilled chicken with a balsamic dressing.

The chicken is rubbed with a jerk spice blend leftover from when I made the jerk pork tenderloin. I just rubbed it on boneless, skinless chicken and grilled it in the grill pan. Yum.


The dressing is one of my favorites from the Cooking Light Complete Cookbook.

Balsamic Dressing
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup minced green onion (I sometimes sub dried chives if I don't have these on hand)
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh or 2 tsp dried parsley
1 tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried tarragon
1 tbsp water
1/8 tsp black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced (I use the garlic press)

Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl and chill.

No comments: