Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fajitas!

Dinner tonight was Flank Steak Fajitas with Garden Vegetables, well, minus the bell pepper because I was out. I had chili lime corn on the cob and black beans that I seasoned with garlic, cumin, and cilantro. It was really good. The flank steak is so lean that it's a little tough. So I don't nearly need to cook it as long as they suggest. But other than that.. it was good.

The polenta lasagna is good as well. Better than I expected judging by the smell of the faux meat cooking in the pan. It's not only edible, but pretty darn good, especially considering it didn't take much effort to make.

A note on what I eat: I'm not afraid to use my APs and WPA for things. I don't typically try to save them, I don't make a point to eat every single last one, but I don't fret about eating a slice of bread, non-Core item, etc. In fact, last week I went horribly over and still lost. This morning the peek said 135.4, which I actually haven't seen since Christmas. So eating them must not be hurting my weight loss at all.

That being said, this week I plan to spend most of them on an entire non-core meal. Sunday, because DBF and I can't actually go for St. Patrick's Day, we'll have a Irish-inspired meal. Well, maybe not. But the Monte Cristo sandwiches I plan to make are what he always gets at Claddagh's Irish Pub. The place is OK. I've been there once with him. It's a chain and I don't really care much for chain restaurants in general. It's usually predictable food laden with unnecessary fat and calories. How do these restaurants make a chicken dish more than 1,000 calories? I don't really understand how they do that.. besides maybe rubbing the meat down with lard before cooking it, which I doubt they actually do.

Anyhow, with the Monte Cristos I'll make fries and wash it all down with a Guinness. That's what I call a non-core meal.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That looks soooo yummy! I am going to replace my fajita recipe with this one!