Friday, March 23, 2007

It's happy hour somewhere

Tonight, I'm not cooking. We're going out for Mexican, then out to play video games at Gameworks, and then probably somewhere for less expensive beer and drunken debauchery. Hopefully we'll make it to my favorite bar that offers a good oatmeal stout for the tough price of $3. It might be a quarter or two more than that, but you still can't beat that with a stick.

I have to admit, my brain is already on "weekend mode" and I can't wait to get that sweet booze and tortilla chips in my little paws. I've been looking forward to it all week, and it has been the carrot in front of my nose.. taunting me all week and motivating me to work out like I planned to and stay out of the little chocolate Easter eggs in my kitchen cabinet. I want to save all my WPA for this.

And for those with WPA (or Flex) to burn.. let me suggest a martini that after two.. will flatten you. I think I had two or three of these on New Years and I certainly wasn't feeling any pain—at least until the next day :)

Pomegranate Cosmos
From Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network

2 cups (16 ounces) good vodka
1 cup (8 ounces) orange liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
1 cup (8 ounces) pomegranate juice
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Lime peel strips, to garnish

Combine the vodka, orange liqueur, pomegranate juice, and lime juice in a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to use. Pour the mixture into frozen martini glasses with a twist of lime peel and serve immediately.

You seriously don't want to know the Points® value for these.. just enjoy them. And keep in mind.. pomegranates are nutritional powerhouses, so they're GOOD for you!

No comments: