Thursday, October 16, 2008

From the Archives: Chicken Parmesan

Chicken Parmesan

I'm cheating. This isn't even that old of a recipe. I made it roughly two months ago. But it's delicious, and it's what's for dinner tonight.

My mom is pre-diabetic, as I think I've mentioned before. So, her meal planning centers around carb counts. I've offered to make dinner, but I'm grilled about the amount of carbs in a recipe. As a long-time member of WeightWatchers, I have to admit I don't give a darn. I can tell her how many points. And sometimes even calories, fat, and fiber. But carbs?

Sure, I can run it through NutritionData and find out. But that's just so time consuming. So I started looking through Cooking Light recipes and others I have full nutrition information for without having to calculate it myself. Do you know how hard it is to find an ENTIRE meal under 45 carbs? I didn't realize my day was such carb-fest.

And then there's my parents' dislikes. Which includes most vegetables — except, of course, for the ones with carbs, like lima beans and corn. She won't eat sauteed spinach in olive oil and garlic but lima beans are delicious? I don't get it.

Then I remembered the Chicken Parmesan I made in August. It was easy, tasty, and only 31 carbs, leaving just enough for a side veggie. I'm hoping for few complaints tonight.

No comments: