Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pineapple-Teriyaki Chicken

Pineapple-Teriyaki Chicken

This past weekend was for the most part, gorgeous. I saw it as one of my last chances to grill out before it's supposed to snow. Can you believe they're calling for flurries already? I guess it's nearly November, but still.

So I made Pineapple-Teriyaki Chicken from Eating Well. I'm pretty sure I meant to make this a month or so ago. I had pineapple rings in the pantry and I vaguely remember wanting to try this recipe. I love chicken thighs, I love pineapple, oh and teriyaki, too. And like yesterday's post, if you don't have chicken thighs, you can substitute bonless/skinless chicken breasts. But if you haven't tried chicken thighs.. do so.

The only problem I had with the recipe was that I walked away from the sauce when it was coming to a boil and by the time I made it back to check on it, it was boiled to the point it was almost gone. I think making extra marinade would be a good idea, anyhow. The sauce over the top of the chicken is what really makes it special. Otherwise it's just grilled chicken.

No comments: