Monday, October 20, 2008

Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops

BBQ pork chops

I'm back with all new recipes and all new photos. For the time being I'm borrowing my parents' digital camera while I decide how much money I have/want to spend on my own camera.

My dad insists a simple point and shoot with a macro function is all I need. I'm unconvinced, but promised I would give his a try with the aid of a tripod.

I made the asparagus next to the pork chop, but the pork is my dad's handiwork. If you can call it that. It's a slow cooker recipe my mom found at AllRecipes.com for BBQ Pork Chops that doesn't really require much cooking. Not that he can't cook, because he's not all that bad. He just didn't do much of here.

Can't say it was the best thing I've ever eaten, but it wasn't the worst either. I think it would be good as shredded pork for pulled pork sandwiches. And I believe instead of the 1 cup ketchup it was 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.

I think it would definitely be a budget-friendly busy day meal.

Do you have a favorite slow cooker recipe?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Just made one of my favorites last night... this is on some level a WW recipe, but I haven't looked at the actual printed recipe in so long that I have no idea how much my version resembles the original. ;^)

Chicken & Mushroom Sauce
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
paprika
splash of lemon juice
1 can RF cream of mushroom soup
1 can RF cream of celery soup
1 lb sliced mushrooms
some quantity of chopped celery
water as needed

Put the chicken in the cooker, season with paprika, splash some lemon juice over it.
Mix the two soups together in a bowl and add that.
Dump in the mushrooms & celery (as much or as little as you want - I had some celery to use up this time so I just kept chopping 'til I ran out).
Add water if you need more liquid/if you want a very runny sauce.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for ... some time longer than that.

The original recipe worked out to the same points per serving as a plain chicken breast. *I* call it Core, but WW would probably disagree with me on that one. ;^)

Jen said...

Sarah: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the cream of mushroom and celery soups aren't Core. But it still sounds good. It's similar to the chicken and rice recipe my Gram used to make when I was little. My sister couldn't get enough of that stuff!