Monday, October 6, 2008

Annie's Shells and Aged Cheddar with Tangy Mustard Coleslaw

Annie's Shells and Cheese with Mustard Coleslaw

The boyfriend and I have really had to watch our pennies this month. Budgets are no fun. Especially when you don't plan well and you end up one meal short and no money left in the budget.

The result was Annie's Shells with Aged Cheddar with Tangy Mustard Coleslaw on the side. I looked in the pantry and found the box on macaroni and cheese. Then I found half a head of cabbage and a partial red onion. And I always have vinegar, mayo and spicy mustard on hand.

It was a weird pairing, but it might be something you'd eat on the same plate at a cookout. Or at least that's how I pitched it to the boyfriend when he gave me a strange look. It's not a typical meal.. but sometimes you've got to make things work.

Annie's Shells and Cheese is only 6 points per cup and has natural ingredients, which I like. It has similar nutritionals to Kraft Mac and Cheese. The coleslaw is only 1 point. Not bad for a last minute dinner.

No comments: