Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Late Summer Vegetable Soup

Late Summer Vegetable Soup

I'm not feeling the best lately. I'm not sure if it's allergies (there's an air-quality alert today) or if it's an on-coming cold (people have been dropping like flies lately with a summer cold). Either way, I'm craving hot tea and soup.

So last night, we had Late Summer Vegetable Soup from the latest issue of Everyday Food. I used homemade chicken stock and added some dried herbs to the mix because I was afraid with just vegetables it would come out bland. And I was out of orzo, so it was some leftover whole wheat elbows.

It made a TON of soup. I'll be eating this all this week, most likely. But it doesn't matter. It was filling and satisfying. Perfect for days like these when I'm feeling a bit under the weather.

No comments: