Thursday, September 4, 2008

Herb-Crusted Salmon with Spinach Salad

Herb-Crusted Salmon with Spinach Salad

My mom follows a diabetic diet and my sister lost a bunch of her extra college weight through South Beach. They both swear by the low carb approach. I personally don't think cutting any food group is a good idea. So I don't believe in the first two weeks of the South Beach diet.

And on Weight Watchers, there's no real need to cut out a food group. But maybe cutting back on carbs, just every once and a while, isn't such a bad idea. Might even save a few points here and there.

For most meals, I plan dish with protein, vegetables, and a whole grain. But last night, we at Herb-Crusted Salmon with Spinach Salad.. a dinner without a grain side dish.. and I wasn't starving afterwards.

And it was delicious, too.

What do you think about a low-carb approach?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried Atkins once, but I wanted to eat carbs the whole time. Depriving yourself of something just makes you want it more.

However, I often eat high-protein meals (like bean and lentil soups) because they make me feel fuller for fewer points. I don't consciously cut carbs ever, and if carbs are what I want, I eat them and count the points for them, same as any other food.

That salmon looks like the way my mom used to prepare "pink fish" when I was little. Sooo good!