Friday, October 16, 2009

Sliced Chicken with Chunky Mushroom Gravy

Sliced Chicken with Chunky Mushroom Gravy

Happy Friday!

So glad it's almost the weekend again. With my sister's shower and bachelorette on Saturday then being awesomely hungover all day on Sunday, last weekend didn't feel much like a weekend.

Allison and I
My sister and I being cheesy.. (I'm on the right)

We went to four bars that night and seems like everyone had a good time. But as a result, I've just been a little "off" this week. I'll be glad to have a weekend to recharge.

Last night's dinner was even a bit of a disappointment. I made a sliced chicken with chunky mushroom gravy that was super simple and sounded pretty tasty. It was good, but maybe not as delicious as I was hoping. The original recipe called to put the chicken and gravy over toast and top with arugula, but I ended up putting it over whole wheat egg noodles and garnishing with parsley. Close enough, I say.

I loved the combo of mushrooms with the balsamic vinegar and rosemary. But, it reminded me of the Chicken with Wild Mushroom Balsamic Cream Sauce I made more than a year ago that I actually think was better. And not just because I ate it with mashed potatoes. You could use rosemary instead of thyme and you'd have a slightly better version of what I made last night.

No comments: