Sunday, October 4, 2009

Creamy Tomato Soup and Breaded Pork Chops

Creamy Tomato Soup

This weekend has been pretty busy. Besides my normal chores and grocery shopping I did some bridal shower prep. I can't believe my sister's shower is this coming weekend. I'm having it at my mom's and she's already stressing.

On Friday I did manage to pull together some tomato soup. I grew up hating cream of tomato soup from the can, but this was really good. Not too tomato-y. I used a little less cream and two pounds of fresh tomatoes instead of canned, but it was pretty close the the recipe I linked to. On the side was grilled cheese made with the Nature's Pride 100% Whole Wheat sent to me from Foodbuzz.

Nature's Pride 100% Whole Wheat

The ingredients list, although natural is pretty long and probably isn't as natural as the Great Harvest breads I normally buy. But it's not bad for commercial bread. It's softer than most 100% whole wheat breads, which I really liked. It makes a great grilled cheese sandwich and would probably be good as french toast. Obviously I like it considering the loaf is almost gone!

Tonight's dinner isn't health food. Not even close, but sometimes I just crave a breaded pork chop. Ya know? This one was a simple one and could be made maybe a little healthier by using egg white instead of a whole egg. On the side was sauteed broccoli. I put a little oil in a pan over medium-high heat, added the florets, garlic and a little water. Covered it, and let it cook until tender.. a little under 5 minutes. It was exactly what I was craving.

Breaded Pork and broccoli

No comments: