Sunday, July 5, 2009

B.E.S.T Sandwich

B.E.S.T Sandwich

I've been surprised over the years how people seem to not know about a fried egg sandwich. Sometimes I make them with lettuce and tomato and bacon. But almost always mine feature plenty of mayo (now of the light variety) and cheese (the 2% kind, of course). They are my go-to sandwich because they're simple, delicious and who doesn't have cheese, eggs, bread and mayo already in the fridge?

But to some, this is a new idea? Shocking, I know. What's new to me, though, is making it with hard-boiled eggs. Duh. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before. It instantly takes a sandwich best eaten freshly made (cold runny egg? YUCK.) and transforms it into something portable. In fact, these were best cold the next day. The only downside to my fried egg sandwich was that I never had leftovers for lunch. But if I fry one and make the other hard-boiled.. problem solved.

It's really a spin on a BLT plus egg, but I called my version a B.E.S.T sandwich because it featured baby spinach rather than lettuce. The sandwich also included light mayo and was piled on a ciabatta roll.

Last week called for several sandwich nights. I did squeeze in some workouts, but was otherwise busy at work with lots to do when I got home. Short weeks can be like that. Plus, I saw a movie with an old friend and went with my family up to see my sister for her birthday. And last night my parents had the dog over at my apartment trying to avoid the fireworks. They set some off near their house and it really makes the dog snap out.

Unfortunately next week looks equally busy with my boss being out all week. I spent today planning food and workouts, so hopefully that part will go smoothly. I really need to refocus. I'd love to fit into last summer's cute sun dress by my sister's bridal shower. Almost there — it zips up about half way.

What's your favorite go-to meal?

1 comment:

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

I am sad to say I have never had a fried egg sandwich too, but it sounds great :)
my favorite go to meal would have to be pb & j or a yogurt mess.