Monday, June 29, 2009

BBQ Tofu with Sauteed Veggies

BBQ Tofu and Sauteed Veggies

It's been a while since I've posted last. I've been so busy at work that I mostly just crashed when I came home. And, you know, I don't even think I made anything really great last week. I don't know which is better — disappearing for a week or posting boring food?

Tonight's dinner was excellent and completely recipe free. I thawed out some extra firm tofu from the freezer and slapped it on the grill. Cooked it a bit on both sides, slathered it with BBQ sauce and grilled it some more. Perfection.

On the side is a mixture of fresh corn cut off the cob, zucchini, and grape tomatoes sauteed in olive oil and minced garlic and garnished with green onion. Not show is roasted asparagus that I bought on a whim because it was only $1.99 a pound.

Sometimes, the simplest meals are the best.

On a completely unrelated note, yesterday was a big day for me. I bought shorts. I can't remember the last time I bought a pair of shorts. I think it's been at least seven years.

It's not that I hate my legs. I don't. In fact, it's one thing I've always been OK with. It's that I'm pale. I'm talking practically see-through.

I'm so fair-skinned that I have trouble even finding makeup that's not too dark for my face. At the makeup counter the salesperson asks about what type my skin is, etc. trying to match me with a foundation.

"It doesn't matter," I always say. "It's not about my skin type, it's about what foundation comes in extra pale."

And my face gets sun. My legs, which haven't seen the sun since at least 2005, are even more white. Day-glo even. But, you know, I'm tired of trying to hide my pasty skin because in 90+ heat plus humidity, it's just too damned hot for jeans. So lookout world hear comes my pale legs.

1 comment:

semihealthy said...

That looks awesome I'll have to try that!