Monday, April 27, 2009

Grilling!

Hot Italian Sausage

Ever since I got my grill at the end of last summer, I have been obsessed with grilling. In the past week or so I've grilled mahi mahi, marinated chicken, sirloin steaks — now hot Italian turkey sausage.

Yesterday I did a freezer clean out and restacking because I was sick and tired of having the box of frozen pot stickers bean me in the head every time I opened the freezer door. And in the back, I found two hot Italian turkey sausages wrapped up.

I wanted to take advantage of the great weather we're having, so I decided to grill them up. I treated them like I do brats by cooking them in simmer water until cooked through. Then, tossed them on the grill to brown them up. I dressed these as I do any grilled brat or hotdog with spicy deli mustard. I had sweet potato fries and a salad on the side. Simple, but great.

Here's the eats:

Breakfast: Ezekiel English muffin toasted, topped with 1 tbsp orange marmalade, apple slices and a slice of 2% cheddar cheese and broiled

Lunch: A serving of Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Tomatillo Salsa, 3 small corn tortillas and an orange

Snack: 4 ounces low fat vanilla yogurt with 2 tbsp homemade granola around 3 p.m. and then a handful of salt and pepper cashews when I got home

Dinner: Grilled hot Italian turkey sausage on a white hot dog bun with deli mustard, sweet potato fries with ketchup and an arugula salad with 1 tbsp vinaigrette and a little bit of feta

Snack: Probably some milk or a milk serving of some sort because I'm low on dairy.

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

mmmm. finally grilling time! I can't wait to break ours out!

lk- Health yDelicious said...

I dont know what is t, but grillig food makes it taste so much better! I'm so happythat grill weather is back! :)

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

oh yum! That looks soooooo good!