Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mahi Mahi with Mojito Marinade and Tropical Couscous Salad

Mahi Mahi with Mojito Marinade

I've been a terrible blogger lately. I haven't blogged mostly because I have been slammed both and work and at home this past week or so. The Thursday before Easter my sister came home and looked at one more place for her wedding. She ended up booking it and is officially getting married on November 13 (that's a Friday the 13th!)

So, we ate out that night for our "Easter" dinner since my sister had to drive back home the next day. I had tons of errands to run on Saturday and worked out, then did some hardcore cleaning on Sunday. Monday was busy at work because I was out Tuesday and Wednesday because my sister was in town again to try on dresses. She found one on Tuesday so Wednesday we drove to the outlet malls for shopping and to IKEA just to walk around. Again, eating out for most of my meals and they weren't good choices.

Thursday and Friday were busy again at work because I was out for two days.. and my eating was all over the map. Friday's highlight was two donuts. Ugh.

But I'm back to my normal eating habits today, although I haven't had time to work out. My dad cam over to put together my new bistro table for my porch. And because it was so nice out, I grilled some Mahi Mahi with Mojito Marinade on my grill and sat at my new table to eat. I'm so glad I finally put a table out there.

The fish was fantastic. I'm not sure I could really taste the marinade, but I love the mahi mahi grilled. I was afraid it would be too minty for my tastes, but it wasn't at all. Alongside I made the Weight Watchers recipe for tropical couscous salad and it was delicious, too. And I'm not normally a fan of WW recipes. I also had steamed green beans. I wanted to grill asparagus, but it was nearly $4 a pound today so I bought the green beans that were on special instead. Overall, a great dinner.

Here's the food journal:

Breakfast: 1 Ezekiel cinnamon raisin English muffin with 2 tbsp light cream cheese, 1 cup skim milk, coffee

Lunch: Turkey sandwich (whole wheat roll, 2 oz. deli turkey breast, slice of 2% cheese, spicy brown mustard, lettuce and tomato), 1/2 grapefruit

Snack: Kashi blackberry cereal bar

Dinner: 4 oz. mahi mahi fillet marinaded in mojito marinade, 1 serving tropical couscous, steamed green beans with 1 tsp oil.

Snack: Most likely it will be air popped popcorn with grated Parmesan while I watch a movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgggggggeous meal! i love EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! you just made me very hungry!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

this looks really good! i love the tropical flavors

sophie said...

Liking the sound of that tropical cous cous salad! This meal looks divine, mahi mahi is one of the tastiest fish.