Sunday, April 5, 2009

Food Journal: April 3, 4 & 5

food journal

I thought I would make this a separate post because I have a regular post to make that includes a recipe. Keeps everything from getting too wordy I suppose. Looking at my weekend's journal, it doesn't look great. Ate waaayyy too many cookies on Friday and then lacked general nutrition on Saturday and Sunday. Most say they overeat on weekends. But because I sleep until lunch time I'm usually fine on calories, it's just random foods I manage to eek in around errands. At least I kept up with workouts.

Friday
Eating was awful. I'm human to say the least. I got a 30 minute c25k session in, though!

Breakfast: Strawberry-Orange Smoothie, 1 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2 in coffee
Snack: M&M cookie and a Timbit
Lunch: Leftover lighter beef chili and a corn muffin
Snack: 2 oz. lean ham, 1 tbsp light cream cheese and about a 1/4 of a bell pepper, sliced
Dinner: Cookies. I lost count, honestly. And possible some orange juice

Saturday
I spent most of the day sleeping, so I had a scattered eating approach, but I didn't eat too much. Light on fruits, though. Plus, I burned 400 some calories on the elliptical in the afternoon.

Breakfast: corn muffin, 1 slice Great Harvest honey wheat bread with 1 tbsp Smart Balance Light, 2 overeasy eggs cooked in 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2 in coffee
Snack: Banana
Dinner: 2 servings Spanish Tortilla (I'll post tomorrow on this), about 1/2 cup sliced strawberries with 6 oz. nonfat vanilla yogurt
Snack: Mini bag of Orville Redenbacher's natural salt and pepper popcorn

Sunday
Still slept late and didn't get enough healthy stuff, but again, didn't eat too much and am planning 45 minutes of yoga tonight.

Breakfast: 2 servings Spanish tortilla, 2 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2 in coffee
Snack: Kashi strawberry cereal bar while I was running errands
Dinner: Leftover lighter beef chili and the last corn muffin, 1 tbsp light sour cream
Snack: I am planning to try a new greek yogurt with some sliced strawberries tonight. I'll review it later in the week.

No comments: