Friday, May 11, 2007

When it says no-boil, I think it means not to boil them

I am apparently an idiot. Last weekend I picked up 100% whole wheat lasagna noodles at Meijer to make Portabello Lasagna Rollups. The only problem was that the ONLY whole wheat lasagna noodles available were the no-boil variety. Kind of difficult to make lasagna noodles without boiling them. But, I thought, what's the harm in boiling them anyway. Just because you don't have to doesn't mean that you can't, right?

Well, I'm not sure if it was the boiling or the fact that I left them in the warm water to sit while I waited for the homemade sauce to be done (darn you Core.. no jarred sauce is Core), but they all stuck together. But I already made everything except the noodles, so I went to Kroger looking for more whole wheat noodles. If all they had were the no-boil, I'd just make it into a regular lasagna. But they didn't have any! So I made whole wheat penne instead and tossed all the sauce and filling together and baked it. Ugh. It tasted the same but was not pretty at all. I guess it's OK that I still don't have a replacement camera.

Ooh.. and I just made the tastiest strawberry sorbet for tonight's dessert. More on that later, though, because it's time to head on back to work.

No comments: