Monday, May 7, 2007

Sad news...

My old camera is officially dead, I think. Today I attempted to snap a picture of last night's leftovers for today's entry, but the zoom wouldn't zoom, or un-zoom for that matter. It's been doing this for a week or so, but usually I just need to turn it off and turn it back on and it'll correct itself.

Not the case today, folks. It would turn off. Then when I turned it on, the Canon screen would pop up, just like usual, but then the screen would go blank except for a small E18 in the lower left corner. And it would beep loudly, and the lens wouldn't budge. So sad. It was the best free camera ever. It had been dropped so many times that my dad bought himself a new model and let me keep the old one.

DBF says he has a camera I can borrow, but he needs a memory card for it. Wonder when that will be? I'm still trying to put money away in the "Jen's fancy-pants camera fund." But so far I've only got $40 in quarters, nickles, dimes, and pennies. Not exactly the $500 I need for a kick-ass digital SLR.

In the meantime, you'll have to settle for links. RIP my ancient (circa late 1990s) 3.2 megapixel Canon Powershot. You will be missed.

Today's food: broiled chicken kabobs (chicken, red pepper, green pepper, and red onion) and Tabbouleh.

No comments: