Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm Officially Sick of Chili

Today's Menu

So Friday is a chili cook-off at work. I'm entering a "meatless" chili. I put it in quotes because, well, I used beef broth and a little bit of bacon grease for flavor. It's decent, but not fantastic. I think I'm going to add some tomato sauce and cut back on the beef broth. It also has beer. Yum. Booze cookery. Anyhow. I've been eating it for lunch so far this week. And it's already day two, and I'm sick of it. It's going to be a long week. Friday I will not be eating my own chili.


Tonight's dinner is Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Fresh Pineapple Chutney and Skillet Onions, Peppers, and Garlic with some Green Rice. My Green Rice is just rice cooked in chicken stock with a little bit of butter, and then I add green onions, cilantro and a little bit of fresh lime juice. I love it and make it all the time.

I'll have pictures of that tomorrow.

No comments: