Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I Love Pork. Porky, Pork, Pork.

Let me just say, the pork was fantastic. The pineapple, btw, should be a chutney, but like I've alluded to in other posts, I'm kind of a lazy cook. Finely dicing something is for people who have patience, which I apparently lack. Plus you try dicing pineapple when the spices from the browning pork creating smoke and setting off your smoke detector and your new neighbor keeps knocking on the door asking to use your phone. Big ol' chunks or no.. it still tastes the same. Looks less "pretty" but as you can probably deduce from the photos.. I'm not much for making my food pretty. It just needs to taste good. It may not be cover-worthy.. but there's the pork, peppers and onions and green rice (made this time with brown rice.. not as good btw as using the white).


In other news, my chili is getting spicier as it "ages." And, I'm starting to have to hold my nose when I put it in a Gladware container in the morning.

Not to be off topic or anything, but I need a new camera. I hate the focus on this thing. Until I raise $550 to get myself a digital SLR, you all will just have to look at fuzzy food. In the focus, sense of course.. not the moldy sense. Besides.. that's more furry than fuzzy.

Something to look forward to.. tomorrow the boyfriend and I will be making Oatmeal-Spice Cookies. I didn't get around to it last night.

No comments: