Monday, May 4, 2009

Southwestern Corn Chowder

Southwestern Corn Chowder

Tired doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling. My butt is dragging! I did get a chance to workout this afternoon, though! I almost jogged the entire 25 minutes, which was quite a feat considering I'm still pretty out of shape and not at all a runner. I was cheating by using a 0% incline, but I've got to work my way up, right?

I also learned something interesting today. Did you know that round plastic gladware containers will shatter if they are frozen and fall from the freezer? They do. And they make a mess.

My workday was also pretty challenging. I ended up being there 45 minutes late tonight, so by the time I actually ate dinner it was 8 p.m.

Good thing this Southwestern Corn Chowder came together quickly. And it wasn't bad. It just needed more chili powder and maybe a little hot sauce. I made it as written except I used evaporated ff milk because I wanted to make sure it was creamy without having to use 2 percent or whole milk. My version came out to 7 points per bowl, and it was a pretty good serving size. You could probably get away with three servings per recipe even.

Do you have a favorite quick soup?

Here's the eats for today:

Breakfast: Strawberry orange smoothie, whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter

Lunch: Leftover pasta and a salad with carrots and tomato and vinaigrette

Snack: veggies in hummus with 4 kashi party crackers

Dinner: Corn chowder, big salad with veggies and Newman's Own lime vinaigrette, a few multigrain tortilla chips and white wine

No comments: