Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Linguine with Arugula Pesto

Linguine with Arugula Pesto

I have been such a terrible blogger lately! I just haven't even had the energy to post. That sad. Sad as in pathetic. The other issue has been my forgetfulness.

I planned all sorts of great meals last week, and I'm finally getting around to eating one of them tonight! I bought almost everything I needed, but would forget to put out the meat, forgot couldn't find an important ingredient, etc. So I ate a lot of Kashi frozen pizza, egg sandwiches, whatever was in the fridge. And I still managed to lose two pounds. Go figure.

Over the weekend I did make this arugula pesto, which is similar to this post, but healthier. And less grassy tasting. Probably because instead of an arugula and parsley blend it was arugula and basil which made it seem more traditional — or at least closer to the pesto I'm used to. I loved it. Definitely would make this again next time I have extra arugula. And I'm trying to grow basil on my balcony, so I see lots of pesto in my future.

I made the same garlic bread I made last time, which isn't even close to being healthy. It's made on whole grain bread this time, though! At least I'm having some whole grains with my saturated fat. And isn't garlic good for cholesterol levels or whatever? So that should cancel out the fat, right? A gal can dream.

Anyone have a healthier version of garlic bread?

1 comment:

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

I've been having trouble finding the energy to post lately too. not cool.

for garlic bread... you don't need to use butter/ olive oil if you want to lighten it up. Roast a whole head of garlic, and toast your bread and then squish out the insides of th garlic and use it as a spread.