Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cinnamon-Oat Pancakes

Cinnamon-Oatmeal Pancakes

I'm finally out of my cooking rut. I made so much good food this weekend, I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll start with today's breakfast, since breakfast is the first meal of the day.

I started off my day with these Cinnamon-Oat Pancakes. I was a little worried about the recipe given my first attempt at oatmeal pancakes. Turns out the recipe I used was not entirely complete — at least according to a commenter, which I tend to believe. The didn't turn out at all.

The cinnamon-oat pancakes called for grinding up half the oats with the flour, which worked well. They came out maybe slightly more dense than a normal pancake, but still fluffy. And the cinnamon is probably the best part. I love cinnamon. I doubled the amount the recipe called for, in fact.

The nutritional info on these are pretty good, too. They're 296 calories for four pancakes and they're pretty filling. They even reheat well.

And here's the eats for today. I woke up fairly late and the pancakes were kind of like a brunch.

Breakfast: Cinnamon-Oat Pancakes, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp powdered sugar, and about 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries

Snacks: I had a Kashi strawberry cereal bar on my way out the door at 1:30 p.m. and ended up making a strawberry-orange smoothie around 4 p.m. because I was starving. I just realized I ate a ton of strawberry stuff today.

Dinner: Pasta with asparagus and goat cheese, salad

Snack: Not sure. Maybe some veggies and some hummus since I think I've had my fill of strawberries!

Overall a more balanced weekend, although I didn't find time to workout. Shame on me. Definitely will carve time out of my day to go tomorrow.

No comments: