Friday, January 30, 2009

Jerk Chicken with Pineapple and Black Beans

Jerk Chicken with Pineapple and Black Beans

I finally ate something other than cereal for dinner. I worked from home on Wednesday because of the winter storm and ended up grazing all day long. By dinner time, I realized I wasn't really all that hungry, so I had cereal.

Tonight, I actually made dinner -- Jerk Chicken with Pineapple and Black Beans.

It wasn't bad, but it called for jerk sauce and all I could find jerk sauce. All I could find was a marinade. Normally it wouldn't be bad, but I just read an article about how some HFCS has mercury in it. I'm not sure what mercury exposure does, but I'm pretty sure I don't want it in my food.

Overall, I don't have a lot of confidence in our food system with this peanut butter thing. It's scary all the stuff that's potentially in our food that we don't know about. I guess all we can do is make the best-informed choices we can and hope for the best.

What was good about this recipe was that it came together really quickly with very little prep. My butt has been seriously dragging lately, so having a fuss-free dinner was exactly what I needed.

No comments: