Monday, January 19, 2009

Tuna and Tomato Pasta

Tuna-Tomato Pasta

I’ve been so organized at work that I think by the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is organize things at home. Even though I moved in to my new place almost a month ago I still have piles of things in my bedroom that don’t have a “home.”

And, my body is still stuck in vacation mode. I’m up late and if given the opportunity, sleep late. Only, I have to be up early through the week – especially considering we’ve had several good snows and lots of frigid weather. I should be up even earlier to clear off my car and warm it up. But last week – not so much.

Oversleeping means I’m scattering and running around trying to get out the door on time. And, putting something out for dinner is usually what gets forgotten in the shuffle.

I’m pretty sure this Tomato and Tuna Pasta has been on my “to make” list for more than two weeks. But that ended up being fine. It’s made completely of pantry items and parsley – which I always have my fridge.

And if you like canned tuna, this isn’t bad. And best yet, you can feed four people for less than $10. I just needed to make a couple of changes to make it healthier. I used a lot less oil – if you’re using a nonstick pan you just don’t need that much to sauté garlic. And, I used half the butter. You could probably leave it out altogether. But I like the flavor it added.

Overall, not a bad for a cheap and easy meal.

No comments: