Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shrimp Florentine

Shrimp Florentine

When I made the soup earlier last week I only used half a 10 oz. box of frozen spinach. But I didn't want the other half to go to waste. So, I made Shrimp Florentine from Cooking Light.

I ended up really liking it overall, but it's another recipe where I think fresh spinach is preferable to frozen. And it's not like fresh spinach would go to waste. If I didn't use it all between the two dishes, it will always be good in salads or sauteed with garlic and olive oil for a quick side dish.

I actually did make two swaps here, though. I didn't have half and half so I used half heavy cream and half skim milk, which is basically what half and half is, afterall. And I totally messed up the garlic. Either I did it wrong or the recipe is written poorly. It burned to a crisp. I ended up mincing garlic and cooking it with the shrimp. Worked fine in the end.

What I really liked about this dish, though, was that it tasted like it was much more fattening than it really was. And I'm all for that!

No comments: