Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Beef and Bean Chili Verde

beef and bean chili verde

I'm still on the search for the perfect chili to call my own. So far, I think this one is in the lead, but it doesn't stop me from trying new recipes.

I liked the twist on this one. Salsa verde (green salsa) is added. I thought it would give it a bit of a kick and a slightly different, but delicious, flavor. Unfortunately, the Beef and Bean Chili Verde from Eating Well was a bit of a let down. In reality, it was kind of bland.

As the weather is starting to turn cold, there's nothing better than a good bowl of chili. And who cares if the boyfriend hates it and won't eat beans? They say it can take up to 10 times to get used to a new food. I've only made two kinds of chili for the boyfriend, so that means I've got 8 more tries before he's allowed to officially say he hates it.

Which chili should I try next? Any favorite recipes out there? E-mail them to me or leave them in the comments section.

No comments: