Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Orzo with Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Goat Cheese

Zucchini and Tomato Orzo

My weekend eating is very unstructured. I wake up whenever my body naturally wakes up and I either make a big brunch or I eat a gigantic bowl of cereal with sliced fruit. That usually fills me up until after 2 p.m., when the boyfriend and I might grab a bite out while running errands.

I might have a snack a few hours later, but then am not hungry until 8 p.m. At that point, I don't want something heavy that's going to weigh me down and make it tough to sleep. So, this past Saturday I made us Orzo with Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Goat Cheese (Note: I added the cheese after the photo). I bought a gigundous log of goat cheese at Costco, and this recipe hardly made a dent in it. Anyone have some good uses for a giant log of goat cheese?

For being as simple as the recipe was, I expected less flavor — especially since I didn't have canned tomatoes.. just fresh ones. But it was pretty good, and it was the light dinner we needed. We opened up the windows in the apartment and sat at the table and enjoyed a glass of wine. It was a nice cap to a mild summer day.

No comments: