Monday, August 4, 2008

Vanilla Granola

Vanilla Granola 2

Almost every day I eat a cup of plain fat-free yogurt with some blueberries. Sometimes I add a bit of honey for sweetness, but lately I've been adding a little bit of fiber one for crunch. I'm honestly, not a fan of Fiber One, though. Reminds me of All-Bran twigs my grandma ate when I was a little girl.

It makes perfect sense to add granola. (Duh, Jen.) And why not make my own? Looks easy enough.

It was harder than I thought to find a recipe that would have some flavor without having tons of seeds, nuts, or dried fruits. The Vanilla-Scented Granola from Bon Appetit seemed perfect. While not a "light" recipe, if I'm only using a tbsp or two in my yogurt, it can't be too bad.

It was easy and pretty good, too. It's not as vanilla-y as I would have thought. And I think it didn't need to go the full 30 minutes in my oven. Other than that, it's definitely better than the bran sticks I was eating.

Nutritional Info (for 2 tbsp): 53 calories, 3 grams of fat, 1 gram fiber

No comments: