Monday, May 19, 2008

Tortellini with Mushroom Sauce


I admit that I've gained weight back. Obviously, it's a significant amount because my mom looked at my the other day and told me I needed to lose weight. Awesome. My family is blunt like that.

My sister and my mom have both been successful on low-carb diets. My mom has been working with a nutritionist and my sister has been doing South Beach. But those diets would make me miserable because I love my carbs. I'm trying to make a better effort to watch my sugar intake, but I really do love refined carbs and while I make an effort to choose whole grains over the refined stuff... occaisonally the refined stuff just hits the spot.

One pasta dish I wouldn't dare make whole grain is tortellini. Here, I made it with a mushroom sauce. If you could find whole wheat cheese tortellini I'm sure it'd work out just fine, but I like it as is. Do I eat stuff like this every night of the week? Nope.

But the occasional pasta dish with white pasta and a slice of real garlic bread just hits the spot. If you're looking for a lower-point swap, you could try WW's garlic bread. It's fairly good.. but not as good as the real deal.

Nutritional Info: (coming soon)

No comments: