Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs


I love dark meat chicken. It's always juicy and nearly impossible to overcook. And, it's actually healthier than you think. Without skin, it comes out to the same points as white meat.

I admit, most of the time I cook boneless, skinless chicken breast. But, when the boneless, chicken thighs go on sale, I grab up several packages. This time, I chose to make Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs.

It's hard to give this an objective review. I've learned in my wise old age of 26, that I can't really accomplish two things at once. I can't talk on a cellphone and drive, I can't pat my head and rub my stomach (kidding!) and I apparently can't talk to the boyfriend while cooking. If I do, I end up grabbing the cinnamon thinking it resembles cumin and dumping a whole palmful into the spice mixture.

Even with a mistake, they turned really well. Maybe not spicy, but the spice mi xture still worked out. Sometimes, I have happy accidents.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, those look LOVELY. They'd probably do well on the grill, too, and for those of us doing Core, the honey doesn't add much in the way of points.