Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce

Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce

The other night I thawed out a pork tenderloin with the intent to make moo shu pork. But for some reason, two different stores were out of napa cabbage. Who knew it was so popular?

I didn't have anything specific planned instead, but I had just seen a pork tenderloin with mustard sauce in Everyday Food's Great Food Fast cookbook. And it was not only super easy, but really delicious, too. And I had all of the ingredients on hand. The pork gets nice and browned on the outside, but stays moist and tender on the inside.

It cooks on the stovetop, too, freeing up the oven to roast potatoes or veggies, if you like. I made smashed red potatoes with chives and steamed green beans because it's what I had on hand.

Do you plan your meals ahead or do you prefer to wing it?

Nutritional Info (for pork with mustard sauce only): 206 calories, 8.6 grams of fat, 0.5 grams of fiber

No comments: